Saturday, July 20, 2013

Adrian Păunescu 20 July 1943 – 5 November 2010

IN MEMORIAM
Adrian Păunescu 
20 July 1943 – 5 November 2010
daliana©

Adrian Păunescu (20 July 1943 – 5 November 2010) was a Romanian poet, journalist, and politician. Though criticized for praising dictator Nicolae Ceauşescu,Păunescu was called "Romania's most famous poet" in an Associated Press story, quoted by the New York Times.
And yet love exists
And yet curse exists
I let the world know
I love, I have faith, I’m afraid.

And yet wakefulness is
And yet we die repeatedly
And yet I believe in soul mate
And yet something has changed.

Demands from the world I don’t have,
A bed, darkness and you.
We step into nameless love,
The shiver like thunder struck.

World’s engines are shut,
Networks on roads have fallen,
A great desert lies around.
Wake them with a kiss, you!

Now I declare you goddess,
I myself I feel god.
Carry the world on, woman,
With children on my name.

Outside swarm darknesses
Here we are luminous.
Quarrel between religions
Blaming each other the same.

You and love, both exist
And death exists in love.
I like you more when you are sad
Sadness, in fact, is yours.

Knees I bow on the floors,
I tilt my head on the sky,
You are in my powers now
Although inquisitions want you.

My words are twisted received,
I return to the first syllable.
I throw down the forest over you:
“Goodbye, … I mean, stay!”

And yet love exists
And yet curse exists
I let the world know
I love, I have faith, I’m afraid.
translated from Romanian language by Daniela Toma

Totusi, iubirea

Si totusi există iubire
Si totusi există blestem
Dau lumii, dau lumii de stire
Iubesc, am curaj si mă tem.
Si totusi e stare de veghe
Si totusi murim repetat
Si totusi mai cred în pereche
Si totusi ceva sa-ntâmplat.
Pretentii nici n-am de la lume
Un pat, întuneric si tu
Intrăm în amor fără nume
Fiorul ca fulger căzu.
Motoarele lumii sunt stinse
Retele pe căi au căzut
Un mare pustiu pe cuprins e
Trezeste-le tu c-un sărut.
Acum te declar Dumnezee
Eu însumi mă simt Dumnezeu
Continuă lumea femeie
Cu plozi scrisi în numele meu.
Afară roiesc întunerici
Aici suntem noi luminosi
Se ceartă-ntre ele biserici
Făcându-si acelasi repros.
Si tu si iubirea există
Si moartea există în ea
Imi place mai mult când esti tristă
Tristetea, de fapt, e a ta.
Genunchii mi-i plec pe podele
Cu capul mă sprijin de cer,
Tu esti în puterile mele,
Desi închizitii te cer.
Ce spun se aude aiurea,
Mă-ntorc la silaba dintâi,
Prăval peste tine pădurea:
Adio, adică rămâi.
Si totusi există iubire
Si totusi există blestem
Dau lumii, dau lumii de stire
Iubesc, am curaj si mă tem.


2 comments:

Marty said...

wonderful work !
love the horse too

Roger Gauthier said...

What an extraordinary portrait, Daliana. Very expressive and so moving… This portrait goes right to the heart.

He was one year older than I, but he was a true artist through his poetry. I read small parts of it translated in English. What a shame that I'm so limited in languages, speaking only French and English. I'm missing so much. I could not find any translated book from him, only articles about him.

I thought that he died a couple of years ago. Is that right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...